The Buckeye BBQ Fest is West Chester’s premier family and community event which draws attendees from across the region and country. The backbone of this event is our volunteers that tend to the hundreds of tasks that must be managed before, during and after the event. Some of the many tasks include the following:
- Pre-Event Set-up Off Site – Some tasks begin days before the event; signage must be posted around town, fliers distributed to various retail establishments and training for the event day activities
- Pre-Event Set-up On Site – Prior to opening the gates to the public, security fencing must be erected, banners hung, setting up of admin booths(ticket sales, entry points, etc.). These tasks will take place the day before and in the morning of event day.
- Entrance Workers – Welcoming attendees is one of the most important duties of our event; as the old saying goes “you only have one chance to make a good first impression”. This job includes handling of money, event materials and attaching wristbands. The manner in which we greet and interact with our guests is critically important. Pre-event training dates will be announced after volunteers have been assigned.
- Booth Workers – Ticket booths selling tickets for purchase of beer and wine and Beer & Wine Booths for serving.
- Trash Collection – This job entails driving around on a golf cart collecting garbage bags and installing new bags during the event – volunteers for this job are responsible for maintaining the venue to be clean and tidy in appearance.
- Runners – The role of a runner is to move supplies to and from booths and entry points.
- Tear-Down – When the event is over we need “All Hands On Deck”! – Clean-up and tear down begins at 8 am on Sunday Morning May 18th. This job entails removal of signs, fencing, tables & chairs, rolling up fencing, tearing down of canopies and removing supplies and materials from the event operations office space. The event must be completely cleaned up by 4:PM on Sunday.